I read lots of comments about how parking in old town Seal Beach is hell. Free street parking, perhaps...Unlike most cities, downtown is relatively small. Finding a spot really depends on the time and day of week. Weekends naturally are busiest. For where to park in Seal Beach, downtown or at the pier. here's what you need to know.
Metered Parking in Seal Beach
If all else fails, there are a few metered parking options.
Seal Beach Pier Parking lot costs $3.00 for 2 hours or $6 all day. For families, there is a playground for kids. There are bathrooms but reviewers don't recommend them.
Payment by credit card. Hours 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. Free after 6:00 pm.
Park at The Seal Beach Jetty
The address is 95 1st St, If you're riding your bike on the San Gabriel River trail, this is where to start. $3.00 for 2 Hours or $6.00 All Day. Payment is credit cards only.
Free Parking In Seal Beach
Downtown Seal Beach features a plethora of unique shops and restaurants. As a result it's highly sought after. Parking on Seal Beach Main Street is free for 2 hours. One of the few Orange County cities to offer it.
Diagonal zones have requirements:
- The front wheel must be within 6 inches of the curb. If not, you'll get cited for $49.The California DMV handbook states 18 inches but city ordinances set their own rules.
- You must be forward facing. Backing in is forbidden.
For free parking besides main street, you have two options.
- Park at Marina Park. 151 Marina Drive. Walking is 10-15 minutes to Main Street.
- 8th and Central Ave from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Walking is 2 minutes as it's already in downtown.
- Parking on Ocean Avenue does offer free parking but only for 1 hour. Set a timer.
- Zoeter Field. 315 11th St. Park on the side streets. Please be considerate of neighbors.
- It's restricted on Mondays (1st and 2nd and 4th) 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Check the signs! It's about 8 mins walking to the Pier.
Download the Parking PDF for reference.
Photo above by Josh Newton
See anything we missed? Feel free to leave a comment.